Welcome to the webpage of the Maulide Group at the University of Vienna.
We are a dynamic, international and enthusiastic group passionate about (organic) chemistry. Feel free to browse through the links on the left side to find out who we are and read about our research and publications.
- The group continues to change with new members and departures. For February 2017, we say farewell to Dr. Juliette Sabbatani who graduates as PhD Student #7 of the team. Congratulations!
At the same time we also say farewell to Lucas Baldassari who returns to Brazil to continue his Ph.D., and Dr. Jeremy Merad. And we welcome Dr. Sebastien Lemouzy and Eliana Martins. Welcome to the Maulide group!
- December 2016/January 2017: We say farewell to Dr. Paul Aillard and Giovanni di Mauro. See you soon! At the same time, we welcome: Dr. Pauline Adler, Tobias Stopka and Carlos Goncalves. Welcome to the Maulide group!!
- January 25, 2017: Our latest Angewandte paper is online. See the Press Release of the University here!
- January 8, 2017: HAPPY NEW YEAR! To kick-start what we hope will be another exciting 12 months of chemistry, our work is selected to feature as Cover for Advanced Synthesis and Catalysis!
- December 15, 2016: The Maulide Group goes for the annual Xmas Party. This year we stay in Vienna and visit the famous Plachutta's in Hietzing to sample some wonderful food. A great evening with lots of fun!
- December 13, 2016: Nuno receives the Elisabeth Lutz-Preis of the Austrian Academy of Sciences!
At a Prize-awarding ceremony in the Austrian Academy of Sciences, he tells his audience all about the importance of Chemistry to Society as well as the development of new organic reactions.
- December 1, 2016: Nuno meets the EU-Comissary for Research, Carlos Moedas, at an Open Innovation event in Vienna!
- November 29: Our latest paper in Angewandte Chemie, on 1,4-chirality transfer, is accepted for publication! A couple of other papers, on our group's medicinal chemistry work with Abietic Acid and on a direct pyrone synthesis, are also accepted.
- November 10: latest interdisciplinary publication in Angewandte Chemie is online, on new methods to make substituted pyridines of biological relevance. Read here. Press release of the University here.
- October: A recollection of our adventures in cyclobutene chemistry is accepted for publication in Accounts of Chemical Research. Online already!
- October: after succesfully defending his M.Sc. thesis (featuring a study of the photoredox chemistry of unusual sulfonium ylides - publication #69), Immo Klose starts his Ph.D. in the group
- October: our collaborative publication (with the Gonzalez and Hartmann groups) aiming at identifying new Metyrapone analogues is accepted for publication in Angewandte Chemie!
- September: Interview/Portrait of Nuno Maulide, sitting by the piano, at the national radio ORF-Ö1. Listen to it here!
- September: after succesfully defending his M.Sc. thesis (featuring a gold-catalysed synthesis of indenes - publication #70, highlighted here in Chemistry Views), Alexander Preinfalk starts his Ph.D. in the group.
- September: A new manuscript detailing a mild and functional group-tolerant method to remove the 8-aminoquinoline directing group is accepted for publication in Chemistry - A European Journal.
- September: Our most recent Angewandte paper, on a 2+2+2 pyridine synthesis, comes out online. Read the Press Release of the University of Vienna here!
- July 19, 2016: A paper gets accepted in Chemistry - A European Journal and one of our recent publications is highlighted in SYNFACTS!
- July 10, 2016: Portugal wins the European Cup! Nuno is overjoyed :-)